Trims and Pricing
The 2016 Chevy Volt will come in two trim levels, although details on what differentiates these two versions have yet to be confirmed by the manufacturer. Drivers will be able to select from the base 2016 Chevy Volt LT, which will have an MSRP of $33,995, or the 2016 Chevy Volt Premier trim with a base price of $38,345. It will likely offer upgraded materials and tech perks at higher price point. The low base price of the LT trim represents a $1,175 reduction from the 2015 model.
The exterior of the 2016 Chevy Volt will receive a refresh with a more sculpted design that features LED headlamps and tail lights set into the more aerodynamic body of the vehicle. The overall profile of the second-generation Volt is more streamlined and designed to not only appeal to the eye, but it provides less drag and wind resistance for better performance. Its flowing design is a smart alternative to many wedge-shaped electric vehicles on the market.
Chevrolet’s innovative electric drivetrain gives the 2016 Chevy Volt an unprecedented 420-mile range on a full battery charge and a full tank of gas. Experts estimate that, with the average commute, the Volt could travel 1,000 miles between fill-ups when the electric battery is regularly charged. Drivers who use the Volt primarily for their commute and take advantage of the 53-mile pure electric range could see an even greater span between trips to the gas station.
Drivers who do need to make use of the internal combustion engine will be treated to a new 1.5L 4-cylinder 101-hp engine that is a full 100 pounds lighter than previous models, offering better economy for both gasoline and electric modes.
Interior Design and Features
For the 2016 Chevy Volt, Chevrolet has added a number of touches that improve the overall look and feel of the interior, but make it a more functional ride, as well. Some of our favorite new improvements include:
- Updated Data Center – The redesigned instrument panel features an 8-inch driver information screen that can be customized to a driver’s preference.
- Innovative Center Stack – The upgraded center stack features an 8-inch diagonal touchscreen interface that allows drivers to easily access content like music, news, social media, and vehicle information including battery power and power flow.
- Ergonomic Design – With an emphasis on simplicity and ergonomic design, the interior of the 2016 Chevy Volt is roomier and uncluttered, featuring soft-touch materials and available luxuries like heated seats and an available heated steering wheel.
Advanced Safety Technology
As always, Chevy is committed to safety and the long list of standard and available safety features offered on the 2016 Chevy Volt proves their commitment:
- Forward Safety Awareness – Forward Collision Alert and Automatic Front Braking work together to alert drivers to dangers in their path and can apply the brakes should the driver fail to react to the danger in time.
- Lane Keep Assist – Using special sensors in the Volt’s front end, the car can sense when you’ve drifted out of your intended lane and provides audible and visual alerts to get you back on course. If you fail to respond, the Volt will then gently steer you back on course.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Rear Cross Traffic Alert uses special radar sensors to look for obstacles and traffic to the rear of the vehicle, and with the assistance of the rear camera, can alert drivers to danger while reversing.
Experience a 2016 Chevy Volt Near Troy, Schenectady, and Albany
For more information about the 2016 Chevy Volt, including when it will arrive at DePaula Chevrolet for our Troy, Schenectady, and Albany shoppers to test drive, stop by our showroom at 785 Central Ave in Albany, or contact our sales associates at (518) 278-6036.