The three main trims have returned for the 2016 model year, and the Trax is as affordable as ever. 2016 Chevy Trax price to remain affordable regardless of the trim level. Take a look at the 2015 trim levels’ pricing to get an idea of what to expect for the new model year:
- 2015 Trax LS: $20,300
- 2015 Trax LT: $22,645
- 2015 Trax LTZ: $25,230
You can have your choice of two- or all-wheel drive as well, and whether you invest in the economical yet well-equipped LS, the high-end LTS, or the mid-range LT, you’ll have one of the most versatile compact crossovers in your garage.
The 2016 Chevy Trax is powered by a 1.4L turbo engine that puts 138 hp and 148 lb-ft. Thanks to variable valve timing and its slim, economical design, the Trax makes all of that power, all while getting 26 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. Topping off all that riveting yet efficient power is the Trax’s available AWD system, which increases traction, making you safer on the road and giving the tax sharper handling.
While the body of the Trax carried over to the 2016 model, there is a big stylistic update that we think is worth mentioning: there are a handful of new colors on the 2016 Chevy Trax. Victory Red, Ruby Red Metallic, Satin Steel Metallic, and Blue Topaz Metallic have all been discontinued, but you will have five new colors to choose from instead:
- Crimson Metallic
- Sable Metallic
- Champagne Silver Metallic
- Cyber Gray Metallic
- Mosaic Black Metallic
Interior Design and Technology
Chevrolet announced some new features in technology and design early on, and they are the big interior upgrades for the new model.
- Standard Front and Rear Carpeted Floor Mats
- Available Power-Adjustable Driver’s Seat with 1FL Equipment Group
- Complimentary 6 Months of the OnStar Guidance Plan
- New Six-Speed Automatic Transmission
Otherwise you can expect the same high-quality package of standard and available features as on the 2015 model, including amenities like Chevy MyLink with a 7-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth phone and audio, OnStar telematics with WiFi, and much more. Upgrades like leatherette upholstery, rear parking sensors, and a Bose stereo system all make their return as well.
Advanced Safety Features
The standard safety features of the 2016 Chevy Trax have already helped the model earn a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating from the NHTSA. Standard features like a rearview camera and OnStar telematics will be found on every trim level, as will Chevy’s 10 standard airbags and high-strength steel safety cage. Upgradeable safety features like rear park assist combine with those standard amenities to give you a new level of protection on the road.
2016 Chevy Trax Reviews
This sporty and compact crossover is a popular choice for the family with style, but you probably expect 2016 Chevy Trax reviews from DePaula Chevrolet to be pretty positive. We’re not alone; see what the critics have to say:
- The Car Connection: “With its useful hatchback shape and thrifty fuel economy, the 2016 Chevrolet Trax is a smart package for city dwellers who value practicality over power.”
- AutoWeek: “The Trax will make a lot of sense to a lot of buyers … especially with the savings you’ll get.”
- Left Lane News: “Extremely maneuverable in almost every situation, the Trax proved itself quite capable while attacking the urban jungle.”
- Edmunds: “The Trax’s tall greenhouse not only provides a wealth of headroom, but it also allows for a taller seating position front and rear, and thus generous legroom.”
Test Drive a Trax
To learn more about the features of the 2016 Chevy Trax, Troy and Schenectady drivers can visit us at 785 Central Ave in Albany or schedule a test drive: contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6036.
*2015 model used in some images.