Trims and Pricing
Chevrolet has three main trim levels on the 2016 Chevy Traverse, with the mid-range LT divided into 1LT and 2LT sub-trims. The entry-level LS trim is well-equipped with features like Bluetooth, a touchscreen interface, a rearview camera, and more, but drivers looking for a premium sound system, built-in navigation, or accident avoidance features can find them in the higher trim levels or as available upgrades, and each trim is affordably priced:
- 2016 Chevy Traverse LS: $33,205
- 2016 Chevy Traverse 1LT: $36,005
- 2016 Chevy Traverse 2LT: $38,505
- 2016 Chevy Traverse LTZ: $44,145
The Traverse debuted with a unique style in 2009, and aside from a few touchups, Chevrolet has kept the design mostly intact. Recent updates to the front and the rear gave the Traverse a more aggressive look, with a three-bar upper grille and a two-bar lower grille. The rear end features a new hatch design with the license plate mounted in the tailgate and a set of taillights that evoke the muscle car feel of the Camaro.
Each of the 2016 Chevy Traverse trim levels features a 3.6L V6 engine under the hood, but its performance depends on the trim level:
- 2016 Traverse LS, 1LT, and 2LT models generate 281-hp and 266 lb-ft of torque.
- The dual exhaust of the Traverse LTZ brings the power output up to 288 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque.
The 3.5L V6 is paired to a six-speed automatic transmission and comes with your choice of two- or all-wheel drive; when properly equipped, your Traverse can tow as much as 5,200 pounds. To top it all off, Chevy gives you power and fuel economy: the 2016 Traverse is rated at an EPA-estimated 24 mpg on the highway.
Interior Design and Features
The recent refresh brought new accents like wood trim, contrast stitching, and ambient lighting to the interior of select Traverse models, but the cabin retains its classic design with easy to reach and use controls. Soft-touch materials and standard tech features give even the entry-level LS trim a comfortable feeling, and the standard and available amenities help separate the Traverse from its many competitors.
- OnStar Telematics: Standard on every Traverse, OnStar provides you with turn-by-turn directions, concierge services at the push of a button, and advanced safety features that include emergency services notification and stolen car recovery.
- Chevy MyLink: The available MyLink infotainment system brings easy access to your smartphone apps, like Pandora and Stitcher, to enjoy seamless audio streaming straight from your smartphone. Models with navigation can control it through the same convenient touchscreen.
- Bose Surround Sound: This ten-speaker surround sound system comes from one of the biggest names in home and car audio; a Bose stereo system ensures your driving soundtrack sounds its best.
- Rear Entertainment Center: Keep the kids occupied in the back seat with the available rear entertainment center. Insert their favorite movie or cartoon in the DVD player and focus on your driving, since they’ll have wireless headphones to keep the cabin quiet.
Schedule Test Drive
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2016 Chevy Traverse safety technologies earned it a Five-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, including perfect scores for front- and side-impact protection. Standard four-wheel antilock brakes, a rearview camera, and traction/stability control are supplemented by a wide range of available accident prevention features that make the Traverse one of the safest SUVs on the road.
- Rearview Camera: All you need to do is put the Traverse in reverse and the rearview camera shows a clear and unobstructed view of what’s behind the vehicle before backing up.
- Front Center Air Bag: This available industry-first air bag deploys in side impacts to help keep front passengers safe and in their seats.
- Forward Collision Alert: A camera on the front of the Traverse enables the available Forward Collision Alert system sense if you are approaching a vehicle too quickly and alerts you to a potential collision.
- Lane Departure Warning: Like Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning uses that front camera to detect lane markings and issues audio and visual warnings if it senses you are drifting from your lane without signaling.
Apply For Financing
2016 Chevy Traverse Reviews
We aren’t the only ones who are fans of the 2016 Chevy Traverse; it’s receiving praise from some of the top auto critics in the business:
- Cargurus.com: “The 3.6-liter V6 powerplant returns to the 2016 Traverse lineup and mates with the ubiquitous 6-speed shiftable automatic transmission to put out 281 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque in the LS and LT variants.”
- Autotrader: “The 2016 Traverse enjoys carlike ride and handling characteristics thanks to its unibody construction. With a retuned suspension, its road manners are significantly smoother and sharper than most large, truck-based SUVs.”
- The Car Connection: “Safety is an important consideration for families, and the Traverse has earned some of the best crash-test scores of any vehicle on the market.
Test Drive a 2016 Chevy Traverse
Drive a 2016 Chevy Traverse home to Troy, Albany, or Schenectady from DePaula Chevrolet today. You can find our dealership at 785 Central Ave in Albany, and we’re open six days a week; contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6036 to schedule a test drive of the new Traverse now.