Trims and Pricing
The 2016 Chevy Suburban has three trim levels available for our Schenectady, Albany, and Troy drivers. With the range of upgrades and accessories, General Motors has made it easy for you to build a Suburban that’s right for you. With prices like these, the Suburban has few real competitors in the full-size SUV world:
- 2016 Suburban LS: $49,700 MSRP
- 2016 Suburban LT: $54,730 MSRP
- 2016 Suburban LTZ: $64,310 MSRP
With a 130-inch wheelbase and an overall length of 220 inches, there is no denying that the 2016 Chevy Suburban is a full-size SUV. General Motors designers managed to stick with the practically timeless, angular design the Suburban has had for years while also giving it a contemporary feel. Plus, with a number of exciting wheel options and exterior accents, Chevy gives you quite a bit of creative freedom to customize the look of your Suburban to perfectly suit your tastes.
What would a full-size SUV be without a powerful V8 engine? Drivers will be happy to know that the same 5.3L V8 engine powers the 2016 Chevy Suburban.
- Outstanding Power: The Suburban’s V8 motor is rated at 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque and features either rear- or four-wheel drive. When properly equipped, the Suburban can tow as much as 8,300 pounds.
- Two Different Four-Wheel Drive Options: The standard Suburban 4WD will surely be enough for most drivers, but Chevy ensures you have another, more capable option with a two-speed transfer case available on the Max Trailering Package if you need it. All models feature a locking rear differential.
- Competitive Efficiency: Despite its power and capabilities, the Suburban remains remarkably efficient – Suburban 2WD models earn up to 23 highway mpg and 4WD models dip just slightly to 22 highway mpg.
Interior Design and Features
This full-size SUV is loaded with features from the start, including standard rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, power front seating, and more. The recently redesigned interior looks and feels luxurious whether you opt for the standard upholstery or spring for leather, and if you need more seating, an available front bench seat raises the seating capacity up to nine. Popular features include:
- Tri-Zone Climate Control: This standard climate control system lets you set the temperature for driver, front passenger, and the rear passengers to keep everyone comfy.
- Chevy MyLink: On LT and higher trims, you can control all of your tech features through the Chevy MyLink system and 8-inch touchscreen. Voice controls let you keep your hands on the road while managing your tech, too.
- Advanced Connectivity: New for 2016, the Suburban is available with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to offer seamless syncing with your smartphone.
- Bose Stereo System: Enjoy theater-grade driving soundtracks with the available 10-speaker Bose surround sound system.
Advanced Safety Technology
Standard safety amenities on the Suburban include airbags, anti-lock disc brakes, stability and traction control, and more. This SUV even includes a standard front center airbag to keep you and your front passenger secure if an accident occurs. The Suburban also has wide variety of advanced safety features, including:
- OnStar: The standard OnStar system can give you turn-by-turn directions and concierge services, but it also automatically notifies the authorities if you’ve been in an accident. This system can even contact roadside assistance with the push of a button.
- Forward Collision Alert: This available system is able to detect the likelihood of a front-end collision and sends visual warnings as well as steering wheel vibration to alert you of a potential collision.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Keep a safe pace with the cars around you by using the available adaptive cruise control system. The Suburban can detect the speeds of cars around it, adjusting as traffic speeds up and slows down.
2016 Chevy Suburban Reviews
If you were to ask any of our sales team members at DePaula Chevrolet what we thought of the Suburban, you probably wouldn’t be surprised to hear that we love this full-sized SUV. We’re not the only ones, though; take a look at some of the 2016 Chevy Suburban reviews from top critics.
- Popular Mechanics: “Beyond cosmetic upgrades, GM’s done superb work on handling. These are still very large vehicles, but they’re a piece of cake to pilot. In particular, since we got to test both long- and shorter-wheelbase trucks over mountain passes and in rain and snow, we’d call out GM’s effort on chassis stiffness, ride control, and steering rigidity.”
- Car Gurus: “Still big and bold, […] Chevrolet’s 2016 Suburban full-size SUV balances practicality with value and throws in a bunch of standard perks besides.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “Suburban benefits from a host of new technologies to improve the driving experience. Foremost among these are Magnetic Ride Control, available on the top-line LTZ trim levels. The system uses high-tech shock absorbers that can adjust their stiffness depending on road conditions, smoothing out rough surfaces while still preventing too much body lean in corners.”
- AutoTrader: “Inside, we found the Suburban’s interior remarkably well-insulated from the outside world, and every comfort afforded by our LTZ trim was appreciated without exception. From its marvelous seats to the upscale look and feel emanating from the dash and door panels, the Suburban feels more like a prestige luxury make than an average family transport vehicle.”
Test Drive a Suburban Today
There isn’t much that the 2016 Chevy Suburban can’t offer our Schenectady, Albany, and Troy drivers, but we think this model is best experienced in person. Visit DePaula Chevrolet at 785 Central Ave. in Albany for a test drive today. You can also contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6036 to schedule a visit today.