Trims and Pricing
The 2016 Chevy SS is available in one impressive trim option. Offering race car-inspired power and performance, this well-equipped five-passenger sedan gives drivers all of the creature comforts normally associated with a full-sized luxury sedan, with the power and performance that one expects from a refined sports car. While Chevrolet hasn’t yet released the base price for the 2016 Chevy SS, when it arrives here in the Troy, Albany, and Schenectady area, we expect it to be near that of the 2015 model’s $46,745 MSRP.
Perhaps the most exciting changes coming for the 2016 Chevy SS sports sedan are the exterior upgrades, which include new, more functional hood vents and a more sculpted design for improved performance and aerodynamics. This new design eliminates the standard fog lights in favor of sharp LED lighting for enhanced visibility. Chevy is also offering 19-inch cast aluminum wheels, designed to add a more custom feel to the sleek exterior.
The 2016 Chevy SS will cruise into Troy, Albany, and Schenectady with its venerable 6.2L V8 engine that can produce 415 hp and 425 lb-ft of torque. Available with the standard TAPshift automatic gearbox or the new six-speed manual transmission, drivers will finally be able to take pleasure in the morning commute again.
The SS is well equipped to handle all of that power thanks to a performance design that includes 14-inch front and 14.2-inch rear Brembo disc brakes, plus the innovative Chevy Magnetic Ride Control suspension system that continuously adjusts the ride every few milliseconds. You’ll enjoy a smooth, responsive ride that lets you feel the road without being abused by it!
Interior Design and Features
The 2016 Chevy SS isn’t all about power, though. You’ll enjoy many creature comforts inside the cabin, including hand-wrapped leather-appointed performance seating with two-way adjustable lumbar support. Front seats specifically get a 10-way power adjustable heating and cooling system for superior comfort, while the cockpit-inspired center console gives you easy access to climate, infotainment, media, and audio controls.
You’ll also enjoy a 9-speaker Bose audio system, programmable memory seating, and dual zone automatic climate control to turn your 2016 Chevy SS into your own private sanctuary.
Advanced Safety Technology
Committed to keeping cabin occupants safe, Chevrolet has loaded the 2016 Chevy SS with a long list of advanced safety features designed to handle just about anything you can throw in its path with three stages of security for your protection. Here are the three levels:
- Preventative – Features like Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert, Lane Departure Warning, and Forward Collision Alert help drivers to avoid accidents and stay safer on the road.
- Protective – In the event that a collision cannot be avoided, the passive safety systems step in to protect cabin occupants with eight standard airbags, including front thorax side impact, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and head curtain airbags for both front and outboard seating positions.
- Responsive – Should the Chevy SS be involved in a collision where the airbags are deployed, information is immediately sent to the OnStar Command center allowing an adviser to use your GPS information to find your exact location and send emergency services to you.
Highlights From the 2015 Chevy SS
A sophisticated, intelligent thrill ride is just a key turn away with the 2016 Chevy SS thanks to a long listed of features:
- Automatic Parking Assist – This device uses advanced technology to help drivers glide into cramped urban parking spaces with ease.
- 4G LTE – The OnStar 4G LTE integrated Wi-Fi allows passengers to connect up to seven devices for complete connectivity with superior signal quality to allow streaming of data wherever you go.
- Head-Up Display – The Head-Up display projects vital information, such as your current speed, directly on the windshield to allow you to keep your eyes on the road and not down at your dash.
Test Drive the Chevy SS at Your Premier Chevy Dealer Near Troy Schenectady, and Albany Today
The 2016 Chevrolet SS has yet to arrive here at your Troy, Schenectady, and Albany area dealership, DePaula Chevrolet, but the 2015 SS is still on the lot and ready to test drive. To learn more, visit our dealership at 785 Central Ave. in Albany, or simply stop in during sales hours Monday through Saturday or contact us online or at 518-278-6036!