Trims and Pricing
Despite receiving significant updates for the new model year, the 2016 Chevy Spark EV is just as affordable as the 2015 model, holding steady on its entry-level pricing.
- Spark EV 1LT: $25,995
- Spark EV 2LT: $26,385
Don’t forget that state and federal tax rebates for purchasing electric vehicles could save over $10,000 off of these already low prices.
At first glance, there may not appear to be any difference between the exterior design of the outgoing Spark EV and the new 2016 Spark EV, but engineers at General Motors have made some small updates to improve overall aerodynamics and the driving range. A touch of style doesn’t hurt either.
Key features include:
- A unique two-tier grille with chrome accents
- Repositioned electric charge portal
- Aerodynamically optimized side mirrors
- Unique wheels with low rolling resistance tires
- Rear diffusers and a rear spoiler to improve airflow
These refinements combine to give the 2016 Spark EV a range of 82 miles on a full charge.
“Performance” might not be the first word you think of for an electric vehicle, but the Spark EV’s 140-hp motor generates 327 lb-ft of torque. And Chevrolet gives you two different driving modes to use:
- Normal: Everyday driving for maximum efficiency
- Sport: More responsive acceleration, taking full advantage of the capabilities of the Spark EV’s motor.
You will also have three different charging modes available. With 120V AC charging, you can plug into a conventional outlet and charge the vehicle in about 20 hours. The 240V AC charging uses a charging station to fill you up in under 7 hours. And DC fast charging stations give you a boost to 80 percent of capacity in 20 minutes, leading to a full charge in just 45 minutes.
Interior Design and Features
If the only piece of advanced technology was under the hood, the Spark EV would still be a remarkable little car for our Schenectady, Troy, and Albany drivers. But the cabin is loaded with modern features – so much so that you might not notice its color-coded interior with body-color accents or six-speaker stereo system right away.
Feature highlights include:
- Chevy MyLink: This standard infotainment system comes with a 7-inch touchscreen interface and not only gives you control over music and vehicle settings, it lets you monitor EV performance to see how efficient your driving is.
- Bluetooth: Sync your smartphone up with the Spark EV and have direct access to your favorite streaming audio services. Make and receive phone calls with just the push of a steering wheel-mounted button.
- OnStar Wi-Fi: Each Spark EV comes standard with a mobile hotspot built in. Enjoy Wi-Fi connectivity wherever you go thanks to OnStar’s 4G LTE connection.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Part of the Spark’s appeal is its small size, but that puts safety at an even higher priority. In addition to standard crash-avoidance features like anti-lock brakes and StabiliTrak stability and traction control – and the Spark EV’s standard 10 airbags – Chevy has outfitted the vehicle with advanced safety technologies to help you out in the event of an accident, if not prevent it entirely.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: The Spark’s hatchback design makes it easy to carry large or awkward cargo despite its small size, but it always knows how to brake. If you have an uneven load, the electronic brake force distribution system ensures each wheel receives the right amount of braking force to help you come to a clean stop.
- OnStar: While many people know that OnStar services can be used for directions and concierge assistance, they also feature emergency notification services and can contact roadside assistance with the push of a button. Features like stolen vehicle recovery add even more peace of mind to your safe little hatchback.
- Plug-in Reminder: The Spark EV will send a notification to you through the OnStar RemoteLink app if it needs to be plugged in, whether that’s because of a low battery or a cold snap that’s on the way.
Learn More at DePaula Chevrolet
To learn more about the 2016 Chevy Spark EV near Troy, Albany, and Schenectady, just contact DePaula Chevrolet online or by phone at 518-278-6036. Or you can visit us in person at 785 Central Ave in Albany to take a test drive in one of our current Spark models.