Trims and Pricing
The 2016 Sonic is available in four trim levels on both the sedan and the hatchback body styles. This subcompact hatchback is one of the sportiest and most enjoyable rides in its class, and with sedan prices like these, the Sonic is proving to be tough to beat.
- 2016 Sonic LS: $14,345
- 2016 Sonic LT: $16,155
- 2016 Sonic LTZ: $19,780
- 2016 Sonic RS: $20,095
The 2016 Chevy Sonic returns as your choice of hatchback or sedan. With its sporty good looks, unique split grille, and attractive 15-inch wheels, the Sonic is already a fan favorite. With a host of additional options not typically found on a car at this price point, the Sonic stays ahead of its rivals because of the enticing range of features available on select models, including:
- Outside heated body colored mirrors
- 18-inch midnight Silver-painted aluminum wheels
- Rear integrated spoiler
- Power sunroof
- Automatic headlamps
- Solar absorbing tinted glass
The 2016 Chevy Sonic can be equipped with one of two fuel-efficient engines that provide plenty of horsepower.
- Base Engine – The standard powerplant will be the 1.8L 4-cylinder ECOTEC engine with variable valve timing that produces as much as 138 hp.
- Turbo Engine – The RS trim offers a 1.4L turbocharged 4-cylinder ECOTEC engine that also delivers 138 hp, but is paired with a lowered and re-tuned suspension, as well as lower gear ratios that give the Sonic a refined, sportier feel.
Both powerplants can be paired with 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmissions. Both transmissions promise an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 26 mpg city and 35 mpg highway for the 1.8L engine, but when equipped with the 1.4L engine and manual transmission Chevrolet estimates that the Sonic could deliver as much as 40 mpg highway.
Interior Design and Features
Chevrolet has designed the 2016 Sonic to be comfortable enough for longer trips and included a long list of convenience features, including:
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi – Every Sonic will have the availability to connect up to seven compatible devices to a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing passengers to stay connected with their favorite apps and social media wherever they may go.
- Innovative Technology – The available Chevrolet MyLink system with 7-inch color touchscreen allows you to connect to all of your favorite content, as well as make calls, listen to music, and get directions when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- Cavernous Interior – Not only does the Sonic offer spacious seating for up to five, but it has a unique option that allows drivers to lay down the rear seats to increase your available cargo space.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Being named a 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick didn’t happen by accident. The 2016 Chevy Sonic comes loaded with standard and available safety features designed to keep you and your passengers safe:
- Airbag System – The 2016 Chevy Sonic will continue to offer 10 standard airbags, including seat-mounted thorax side-impact airbags along with side-front and rear outboard airbags to protect all passengers.
- Enhanced Braking – Active safety systems help to control the Sonic thanks to the Panic Brake-Assist, 4-Wheel ABS, and Electronic Brake Force Distribution.
- Advanced Safety – Drivers will also have access to the standard Hill Start Assist, the available Forward Collision Alert, and a Lane Departure Warning System.
2016 Chevy Sonic Reviews
You can probably guess that we’re fans of the 2016 Chevy Sonic here at DePaula Chevrolet, but we want to make sure you know that we aren’t alone. Here are three of our top 2016 Chevy Sonic reviews:
- The Car Connection: “The 2016 Chevrolet Sonic remains stylish and comfortable, and it scores big not only on safety ratings but also driving fun.”
- Car and Driver: “The Sonic puts a bow tie on a handsome compact, featuring spirited styling along with responsive and agile handling.”
- AutoTrader: “If you’re in the market for an affordable pint-sized champ that won’t make you feel second-class for driving it, the Chevrolet Sonic may be just what you’re looking for.”
Get to Know the 2016 Chevy Sonic
For more details on the 2016 Chevy Sonic, Albany, Troy, and Schenectady drivers can contact our showroom at (518) 278-6036. Come see what’s in stock at DePaula Chevrolet at 785 Central Avenue in Albany today.