Trims and Pricing
There are five main trim levels to the Silverado – as well as a Z71 off-road upgrade available to the LT and LTZ trims – and when you factor in the multiple cab and truck bed combinations, it becomes clear that Chevy cared about one thing in building their new pickup: giving you the exact truck you want. And the prices are some of the most competitive in its class:
- 2016 Silverado WT: $38,255
- 2016 Silverado LS: $40,055
- 2016 Silverado LT: $41,370
- 2016 Silverado LTZ: $46,535
- 2016 Silverado High Country: $52,340
We think drivers will enjoy the cosmetic upgrades to the Silverado, including updates to the headlights, grille, and bumper. Features like LED headlamps and LED taillights give the pickup a more modern look and feel to it, and available amenities like a remote locking tailgate and chrome recovery hooks help ensure your pickup is ready to take on whatever the world has to throw at it. Chevy has even included some exciting new colors to the lineup: Red Siren, Iridescent Pearl, and Red Hot.
The Silverado is ready for nearly anything with your choice of three engines:
- 4.3L EcoTec V6: The standard engine is one of the most fuel-efficient full-size trucks, earning 24 highway mpg while still kicking out 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. It can tow up to 7,600 pounds.
- 5.3L EcoTec V8: This mid-range engine has 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 11,100 pounds and an EPA-estimated 23 highway mpg.
- 6.2L EcoTec V8: This high-end powertrain is rated at 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, delivering a best-in-class towing of up to 12,000 pounds and earning up to 21 highway mpg.
Interior Design and Features
Chevrolet upgraded the cabin of the 2016 Silverado for a bit more room thanks to the longer wheelbase. One of the key updates to the Silverado interior that puts it ahead of its many competitors is a simple one: fewer controls. GM de-cluttered the cabin and made it easier to find the controls you need when you need them, resulting in a cab that looks streamlined and capable – just like the Silverado.
You can find features like these on select Silverado models:
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi: Take the Internet wherever you go in the most rugged mobile hotspot.
- Chevy MyLink: The available 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system makes it easy to control all of your tech.
- Bose Stereo: There’s no reason a work truck can’t have a few bells and whistles; enjoy your soundtrack with real high quality audio.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Standard safety features like the Silverado 1500’s antilock disc brakes, stability and traction control, and airbags have helped to make it one of the safest trucks in its class. When you factor in the available advanced safety features, it’s clear that Chevy takes the safety of you and your truck to heart.
- Rearview Camera: Backup into a parking spot or set up that trailer hitch with confidence with the available rearview camera.
- Parking Sensors: Available front and rear, be sure you get into the parking spot or garage just right.
- Accident Prevention: Available features like forward collision and lane departure warning systems can actually help prevent an accident before it happens.
2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Reviews
We’re big fans of the Silverado, and we think you will be too. But you should hear from some other voices first; these are some of the top 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 reviews:
- Left Lane News: “A quieter, cushier interior, improved power and fuel economy, and a number of useful technology features make the new Silverado a smart choice for a broad spectrum of pickup buyers.”
- Autoblog: “Unladen, the 5.3-liter V8 delivers excellent power, hustling the truck to 60 miles per hour quicker than should be feasible. Shifts from that old six-speed are solid and well sorted.”
- Car and Driver: “As it sits, the Silverado remains a truck-guy’s truck, with an upright dashboard boasting a full array of analog gauges monitoring all manner of engine parameters-and an elegant simplicity not present in [competitors].”
Drive Home a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500
If you want to learn more about the 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 near Albany, Troy, or Schenectady, visit us at 785 Central Avenue in Albany or contact our showroom at (518) 278-6036.
*2015 model used in some images.