Price and Body Styles
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is available in four trim levels, plus your choice of either a regular cab, double cab, or crew cab configuration.
Trim levels include:
- WT: Starting at $35,250, the entry-level WT presents standout features as standard, including the Vortec 6.0L V8 engine, or the available Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel V8. You’ll also enjoy the performance granted by a fully boxed steel frame and handling/trailering suspension.
- LT: Starting at $39,205, the LT makes loading and unloading easier thanks to its EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate. Inside, you’ll find a 4.2-inch diagonal color Driver Information Center and a Chevrolet MyLink system with 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen.
- LTZ: Starting at $47,970, the LTZ adds several comfort and convenience features, including heated leather seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, a remote vehicle starter system, and rear-vision camera.
- High Country: Starting at $54,935, the High Country flaunts its own inimitable touches, including a unique grille, interior color, front bumper, and rear bumper. It also boasts world-class technology to complement its world-class power, such as a Bose premium audio system and a MyLink system with an 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen and navigation.
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is a thoroughbred working machine, so it naturally purrs with an unnatural level of power, no matter which of its two engines you end up opting for. Troy and Schenectady buyers can choose from:
- Vortec 6.0L V8: The standard engine is anything but, reaching its peak horsepower of 360 at 5400 rpm and its peak torque of 380 lb-ft at 4200 rpm. There’s even a Bi-fuel option available, allowing you to switch seamlessly between gasoline and compressed natural gas.
- Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8: The available turbo-diesel V8 is a whole other beast. It can harness up to a staggering 397 horsepower alongside and earth-shattering 765 lb-ft of torque.
With that kind of power at your command, you’ll be able to perform herculean tasks that would tear lesser trucks into the tiniest bits and pieces.
Need to haul heavy? The 3500HD will tow up to 14,600 lbs. with the standard Vortec 6.0L V8 or an even more impressive 23,200 lbs. with the available Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8. Need to stack the truck-bed high without worrying about the weight? The Silverado 3500HD has you covered, able to achieve a maximum payload rating of 7,153 lbs. thanks to its fully-boxed frame rails of high-strength steel and nine cross-members.
The box itself is made from roll-formed steel, resulting in a finished product that manages to outperform traditional stamped-steel boxes in terms of both weight and strength. It boasts the following features:
- Spray-In Bedliner: Adds a permanently bonded layer to your cargo box, preventing damage to the backbone of your truck.
- Multiple Cargo Tie-Downs: Multiple tie-downs along both upper and lower levels are able to secure up to 250 lbs. each.
- CornerStep Rear Bumper: This innovative built-in step is an example of the simple ways that the Silverado 3500HD manages to outfox the competition.
You can expect great things from the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD, and its accomplishments will come along with perfect peace of mind. Aside from its commanding build, features include a diesel exhaust brake system for reliable stopping power while handling heavy loads or heading downhill, plus a Trailer Sway Control system to keep your trailer in line.
You’ll also be able to take advantage of a score of driver assistance systems, including:
- Forward Collision Alert: Detects when a frontal collision is imminent, then provides a warning to help you stop it from occurring.
- Lane Departure Warning: If you begin to deviate from your chosen lane without signaling, this system will provide an alert to let you bring yourself back on track.
In addition to the interest of Troy and Schenectady drivers, the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD has attracted highly positive reviews from throughout the trucking industry:
- “The 3500 HD strikes us as a gentle giant, with a quiet cabin, smooth ride, and quick steering.” – Car and Driver
- “The heavy-duty pickup segment has become as hotly contested as “The World’s Strongest Man” competition … Within that select group, the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 stands proud and deserves consideration from consumers looking for one of these very capable workhorses.” – Edmunds.com
- “It’s vast array of options; cab configurations; bed lengths; engine, transmission, and drivelines; and trim levels leaves little left out.” – Top Speed
The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD is a Heavy-Duty Workhorse Beyond Compare
If you’re looking for a powerful truck boasting unstoppable capability, you’re looking for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD. To check it out in the flesh, just come down to the showroom at DePaula Chevrolet today or call us on 518-278-6036 to arrange a test drive. We hope to see our Troy and Schenectady customers soon!