Tough and practical, the 2016 Chevy Express 2500 is engineered to provide optimum space for tools, passengers, and cargo, while still allowing it to be maneuverable on the jobsite.
The 2500 offers two wheelbases, with the 135-inch length being the standard base option, upgradable to 155-inches to accommodate longer loads and more storage. Select models can be equipped with the new Express Access feature, which gives convenient access to three side panels, as well as a remote vehicle starter and remote keyless entry.
For optimal power, Chevrolet offers four very capable engines:
- Natural Gas: Select markets can order the 6.0L V8 CNG engine that can produce a maximum 282 hp and 320 lb-ft of peak torque.
- 4.8L SFI Engine: The VORTEC 4.8L V8 delivers up to 285 hp and 295 lb-ft of peak torque and, it is available with an external engine oil cooler and a transmission fluid cooler to ensure peak performance.
- 6.0L Gasoline – The second of the gas engines is a 6.0L V8, which is capable of 342 hp and 373 lb-ft of available torque.
- Turbodiesel: Also available is the 6.6L V8 turbodiesel engine that can produce up to 260 hp and 525 lb-ft of peak torque. This engine is also equipped with an external engine oil cooler and has the option of running on B20 Bio-Diesel fuel.
Chevy equips each trim with the powerful 6-speed heavy-duty automatic transmission, giving the vehicle a minimum towing capacity of 6,400 lbs.
Available as a pure cargo carrier that offers up to 284.4 cubic feet of total storage volume with the extended wheelbase, the 2016 Express 2500 is the ideal vehicle for tradesmen who need to take their tools to the jobsite, and ensure that they stay safe and dry when not in use. The interior cargo box can be customized with shelving, toolboxes, and other amenities to meet your needs.
For moving people, instead of cargo, the Express 2500 can be equipped with three rows of seats that can accommodate up to 12 passengers, while still delivering adequate space behind the rear seat for baggage and equipment as necessary.
The new 2016 Chevy Express 2500 offers Troy, Schenectady, and Albany drivers plenty of features to get excited about, including new updated tech options, including:
- Mobile Wi-Fi Connectivity – The OnStar system offers access to turn-by-turn directions, real time traffic, concierge services, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity for up to seven devices when paired with the Chevy MyLink system.
- Cargo Management – With 6 D-rings attached to the bed floor, it’s easy to secure cargo and equipment.
- Power Options – Drivers can choose to add options like cruise control, power door locks, and single or dual zone air conditioning for a more comfortable ride.
The 2016 Chevy Express 2500 offers standard and optional safety features to keep occupants secure:
- Airbag System – Each Express van is outfitted with a full suite of airbags, including driver, front passenger, and head/side curtain airbags. The passenger van adds seat-mounted thoracic airbags to protect passengers in the rear of the vehicle.
- Traction Control – Standard StabiliTrak traction control and ABS braking ensure optimal handling and control in a variety of driving situations.
- Rear Park Assist – The park assist feature combined with the optional rear vision camera makes parking more manageable, especially with a full load of passengers or equipment.
2016 Chevy Express 2500 Reviews
The powerful Chevy Express van has been the preferred choice for smart business owners for decades, and judging by these expert reviews, that isn’t about to change:
- Autoblog – “Chevrolet’s rear-wheel drive Express 2500 passenger and cargo vans provide a rugged and durable means of transporting several passengers or a large payload of cargo.”
- Left Lane News – “The Express features a plain but highly functional interior with user-friendly controls and an impressive amount of cargo space. Storage spaces abounds for stowing CDs, maps and the like and cup holders are plentiful.”
- Car Gurus – “When folks talk about a basic full-size passenger van, chances are they’re thinking of the venerable Chevrolet Express.”
Test Drive a 2016 Chevy Express 2500 at DePaula Chevrolet
Comes see how the 2016 Chevrolet Express 2500 passenger and cargo van can fulfill Troy, Schenectady, or Albany business owners’ needs. Contact DePaula Chevrolet at (518) 278-6036, or visit our showroom at 785 Central Ave. in Albany for test drive today.