This fun and practical family crossover has no trouble fitting into the budget whether you opt for the entry-level L, the top-of-the-line LTZ, or the mid-range LS or LT trim levels.
- Equinox L: $23,495
- Equinox LS: $26,105
- Equinox LT: $27,345
- Equinox LTZ: $30,635
In addition to the trims, there are plenty of other upgrade options to further personalize your SUV.
On the outside, the 2016 Chevy Equinox received a variety of updates from the outgoing model. The front and rear fascia of the new Equinox come equipped with a series of refinements, including:
- A dual-port front grille with chrome accents provides an upscale appearance while maintaining a fun, athletic look.
- Restyled front headlights are angled upwards and slightly thinner.
- LED fog lamps provide added visibility in poor weather while being fashionable.
- Brand new 17- and 18-inch alloy wheels.
- Chrome accents throughout the rear fascia to enhance the overall design.
- New rectangular tail pipes are accented with chrome.
Under the hood, the 2016 Chevy Equinox specs deliver the power or efficiency you need, giving you an option for the budget-friendly as well as those who need real towing power.
- The standard 2.4L I-4 produces 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. It’s paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission that allows this CUV to get an estimated 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- The available 3.6L V6 puts out 301 hp and 272 lb-ft of maximum torque. It also uses a 6-speed automatic transmission to provide an estimated 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
The new Chevy Equinox is able to tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, and you can outfit both engines with all-wheel drive.
Interior Design and Features
Moving to the cabin, the 2016 Chevy Equinox changes to the interior are fairly contemporary. New additions include a gear selector fashioned with chrome accents and stylized contours, the Saddle Up interior color, and seats outfitted with premium cloth. All of these alterations come together for added luxury and comfort. To make each drive more convenient, the new Chevy Equinox comes with the following amenities:
- Available Siri Eyes-Free will allow drivers to sync their smartphones via Bluetooth to make phone calls, stream audio, or transcribe text messages using voice commands and steering wheel controls.
- Turn-by-turn navigation will be available from OnStar, featuring live updates of your route to accommodate for traffic.
- Standard multi-flex seating allows you to adjust the second row for optimum comfort or cargo storage.
Advanced Safety Technologies
To better protect you and your passengers, the 2016 Chevy Equinox comes equipped with a full menu of new safety features. Designed to help mitigate the risk of a collision and lower the severity of one if it occurs, the safety technology in place for the new Equinox is more intuitive than ever. A sampling of new safety features include:
- Available side blind-zone alert, that uses radar to detect when a vehicle is approaching from either side of the vehicle, will warn drivers with a visual cue when a car is in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which is also an available technology, uses the same sensor system to detect when a car is behind you when backing out of a parking space with limited visibility.
2016 Chevy Equinox Reviews
You can imagine that we have high praise for this new crossover, but critics’ 2016 Chevy Equinox reviews are just as glowing:
- Edmunds: “The 2016 Chevy Equinox is a worthy choice for a small crossover SUV, particularly if you’re interested in one with a nice ride and an available V6 engine.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox has one of the most spacious, quiet, and versatile interiors among smaller crossovers, and it loads on the value.”
- AutoWeek: “The automatic transmission is sharp and geared for a feeling of power — you won’t worry about merging into freeway traffic with this CUV.”
Learn More About The 2016 Chevy Equinox Around Troy and Albany
The 2016 Chevy Equinox is available now to Albany and Troy drivers. Contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6063 for more information about the new Equinox. You can visit our dealership at 785 Central Ave in Albany to take a test drive.
*2015 Model used in some images.