Trims and Pricing
Chevrolet knows drivers have a diverse set of needs, so their engineers have offered several available trims to ensure that there’s a 2016 Chevy City Express for everyone. The base LS trim comes equipped with a standard set of features at a price tag of $22,950 MSRP. It shares the same powertrain as the available LT option, but the LT boasts more interior and accessibility features for drivers willing to spend $24,510 MSRP.
Blending form with functionality, the 2016 Chevy City Express has a sculpted front-end that wraps into doors designed for maximized efficiency. Tall 40/60-split rear cargo doors with tinted glass windows make the trunk readily accessible from the sidewalk, while sliding doors on each side of the vehicle are intended for ease of use. Power door locks, heated power-adjustable mirrors, and backup sensors come standard on the LT trim, while its standard wheelbase size allows the City Express to achieve a tight turning diameter of 36.7 feet.
The 2016 Chevy City Express boasts a DOHC 2.0L inline-four engine with variable valve timing capable of producing 131 hp and 139 lb-ft of torque. Its efficiency is ensured by a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and a body-integral chassis that balances strength with low mass to optimize performance and enable the vehicle’s impressive 1500 pound maximum towing capacity.
Interior Design and Features
With over 122.7 cubic feet of maximum customizable cargo space, the 2016 Chevy City Express is dedicated to utility. As a mobile work environment, the 2016 City Express prioritizes both convenience and functionality, offering a slew of standard and available features that make each trip behind the wheel confident and comfortable. Among the features options, you’ll find:
- Sophisticated Driver’s Seat: A six-way-adjustable seat is mounted in an elevated position to provide enhanced visibility while keeping you comfortable with manually adjustable lumbar and armrest support.
- Folding Passenger Seat: The passenger seat folds down, allowing it to be used for a workspace or table, or to create more cargo space for longer items.
- Rearview Camera: Standard on the LT and available on the LS, the rearview camera removes the guesswork of reversing by showing you any objects in the space directly behind your car.
Advanced Safety Features
While it is deeply committed to performance and versatility, the 2016 Chevy City Express is just as dedicated to the safety of its passengers. Some of the standard and available safety technologies designed to provide peace of mind include:
- Airbags: Each 2016 City Express comes with six standard dual-stage frontal, side-impact supplemental, and roof-mounted curtain airbags that secure passengers in the event of a collision.
- Electronic Stability Control System: This standard feature determines when your vehicle is showing signs of swaying, shifting gears and adjusting brake pressure to restabilize the vehicle.
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution: Working in tandem with the vehicle’s anti-lock brake technology, this standard system automatically adjusts the amount of force applied to the brakes, according to the environment of the road.
Highlights From the 2015 Chevy City Express
While the 2016 Chevy City Express offers innovative features that distinguish it from its predecessor, it maintains the qualities that set the 2015 model above the rest of its segment:
- Efficiency: The 2015 Chevy City Express had similar cargo space dimensions and an engine that achieved 26 highway mpg on the same Continuously Variable Transmission system.
- Maneuverability: Using a similar frame as the 2016 model, the 2015 City Express was lauded for its tight turning radius, despite effectively being a cargo-oriented work van.
- Interior Storage: Like its successor, the 2015 City Express was engineered to make flexible use of its roomy cabin space, featuring thirteen different storage compartments, multiple tie-down points, and integrated mounting points.
The 2016 Chevy City Express: Available Soon to Troy, Schenectady, and Albany Drivers
The 2016 Chevy City Express has much to offer Troy, Schenectady, and Albany drivers interested in cargo and steering capabilities. To learn more or to take the 2015 City Express for a test drive, simply stop by DePaula Chevrolet, located at 785 Central Ave. in Albany. For more information, feel free to contact us online or give us a call at 518-278-6036.