Trims and Pricing
The 2015 Suburban comes in just three trim levels, and even the entry-level LS trim is well-equipped when put side-by-side with the competition. Eight-person seating is standard, but you can opt for a front bench seat to fit up to nine or second-row captain’s chairs for added comfort (bringing seating down to seven). Each trim level features the same 5.3L V8 engine; you just need to choose the one with the amenities and budget that fit you.
- 2015 Chevy Suburban LS: $49,000
- 2015 Chevy Suburban LT: $55,400
- 2015 Chevy Suburban LTZ: $64,980
As one of the last full boxed frame SUVs on the road, the 2015 Chevy Suburban sports a traditional full-size SUV style. Its bold design mixes with projector-beam headlights and rear LED taillights to offer a distinct look, separating it from many of the more crossover-inspired vehicles on the market. Exterior features like power-retractable assist steps and perimeter lighting put priority on the safety and comfort of you and your passengers, while roof rails and the tow hitch ensure people know your SUV means business.
The engine specs of the 2015 Chevy Suburban should be able to handle anything short of the work of a heavy-duty pickup like the Silverado 2500. Here’s what you can expect from the 5.3L V8 engine:
- Power: General Motors managed to engineer their 5.3L V8 engine to produce 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque while still earning an incredible 23 mpg on the highway.
- Towing: When properly equipped, the 2015 Chevy Suburban can tow as much as 8,300 pounds.
- Four-Wheel Drive: Two four-wheel drive options are available, a single-speed system and a more traditional option with a two-speed transfer case found on the Max Trailering package.
Interior Features and Design
The 2015 Suburban interior is the epitome of technology and style, with a total of 13 different charging locations available to you and your passengers (six USB ports, multiple wireless charging options, and a 110-volt three-prong outlet for easy laptop charging). Classic luxuries like leather upholstery and heated front seating, are, of course, available to complement the modern interior design and soft touch features.
Some interior highlights include:
- Chevy MyLink: This customizable 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system gives you crystal clear control over your vehicle and tech settings. Select a favorite playlist or bring up your Pandora station with just a few taps on the touchscreen. The screen even lifts up to secure valuables behind it, safely out of sight.
- Rear Entertainment System: This available 9-inch rear entertainment system offers Blu-ray playback and provides both second- and third-row screens to keep everyone entertained.
- Navigation: Chevy MyLink has an available navigation option integrated with SiriusXM NavTraffic to help route you where you need to go while avoiding traffic and other delays.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The core of the Suburban is built for safety, starting with a fully boxed frame and a safety cage featuring crush zones to keep the cabin safer during a collision. The recent redesign also brought high-strength steel to the A-pillars, B-pillars, and roof rails for added safety. Standard and available high-tech safety amenities help you make it out of an accident or even prevent one before it happens:
- Rearview Camera: The standard camera on the 2015 Chevy Suburban engages right when you put the vehicle in reverse, letting you back up with confidence and avid bikes, cars, poles, and pedestrians.
- OnStar: Most people know OnStar offers concierge service and turn-by-turn directions, but it also features automatic crash notification and stolen vehicle recovery systems. OnStar is standard on the Suburban.
- Front Center Airbag: This available class-exclusive feature helps complement the standard six airbags and keep front occupants safe and secure in their seats during a collision.
- Forward Collision Alert: One of the many accident prevention technologies, Chevy’s Forward Collision Alert system is able to detect when you may be approaching another vehicle too quickly and provide an alert to bring your attention back to the road.
2015 Chevy Suburban Reviews
To give you an idea of what makes this Chevrolet such an impressive SUV, we pulled together some of our favorite 2015 Chevy Suburban reviews from top auto critics:
- Popular Mechanics: “Beyond cosmetic upgrades, GM’s done superb work on handling. These are still very large vehicles, but they’re a piece of cake to pilot. In particular, since we got to test both long- and shorter-wheelbase trucks over mountain passes and in rain and snow between Nevada City, Calif., and Napa, Calif., we’d call out GM’s effort on chassis stiffness, ride control, and steering rigidity.”
- AutoTrader: “Inside, we found the Suburban’s interior remarkably well-insulated from the outside world, and every comfort afforded by our LTZ trim was appreciated without exception. From its marvelous seats to the upscale look and feel emanating from the dash and door panels, the Suburban feels more like a prestige luxury make than an average family transport vehicle.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “The 2015 Suburban benefits from a host of new technologies to improve the driving experience. Foremost among these are Magnetic Ride Control, available on the top-line LTZ trim levels. The system uses high-tech shock absorbers that can adjust their stiffness depending on road conditions, smoothing out rough surfaces while still preventing too much body lean in corners.”
Test Drive a Suburban
We think that the best way for you to experience the Suburban’s car-like handling, spacious interior, and high-tech features is to get behind the wheel yourself. To take a test drive of a 2015 Chevy Suburban near Schenectady or Albany, just visit us at DePaula Chevrolet. You can find us open six days a week at 785 Central Ave in Albany; contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6036 to set up your test drive.