Trims and Pricing
The 2015 Chevy Spark EV is available to Troy and Schenectady drivers in two very attractive trim levels:
- 2015 Chevy Spark EV 1LT – MSRP $25,170
- 2015 Chevy Spark EV 2LT – MSRP $25,560
Both models look as good as they drive, each bearing the Spark’s signature wedge-shaped design for improved aerodynamics that allow the Spark to make the most of its electric power in the city or on the highway.
The EV comes with a standard charger that can fully power up the system in just seven hours from a household outlet. Drivers can also upgrade to the SAE combo fast-charging system to charge the battery to 80 percent in just 20 minutes.
A 105 kWh motor that makes 140 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque powers the 2015 Chevy Spark EV. This innovative design propels this car up to 109 mpge (miles per gallon equivalent) on the highway and 128 mpge in the city, meaning the new Spark can travel up to 82 miles on a single change. The unit that stores the electric power is a 20 kWh lithium ion battery pack engineers situated beneath the rear seats to maximize cargo space, while adding weight to the center of the vehicle to improve handling.
Interior Design and Features
The cabin of 2015 Chevy Spark is inviting. It has room for four adults and delivers plenty room with 86 cubic feet of passenger space and 23.4 cubic feet of cargo space. The Spark also has a long list of features for drivers that believe an eco-friendly car should also offer cutting-edge features:
- Technology – Every trim level features 6-speaker audio with the Chevrolet MyLink Radio and a 7-inch color touchscreen. This system gives driver’s access to Bluetooth audio streaming and handsfree calling when connected to a compatible smartphone.
- Comfort – The Chevy Spark EV also has automatic climate controls, heated driver and passenger front seats, 4-way driver adjustable seating, and easy to use steering wheel-mounted controls.
- Convenience – The Chevy Spark EV features 60/40 folding rear seats for convenient loading of large items, standard cruise control, keyless entry with push button start, and standard remote car starter.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2015 Chevy Spark EV is designed with safety in mind. Troy and Schenectady drivers who take one of these compact plug-in cars home will be treated to a long list of class-leading safety features:
- Interior Safety – The Spark EV is equipped with 10 airbags, including thoracic side impact, driver and front passenger knee, and side curtain airbags, as well as the LATCH safety system to help properly secure child safety seats.
- Traction Control – The new Spark is equipped with hill start assist and advanced traction control to improve handling no matter what the weather or road conditions are.
- OnStar – Drivers have full access to OnStar Directions and Connections at no charge for three years. Unlike other integrated systems, the OnStar GPS navigation system can notify emergency services with the car’s location if it is in an accident and the airbags deploy.
2015 Chevy Spark EV Reviews
There are plenty of reasons to be excited about the 2015 Chevy Spark EV, and these expert reviews sum up the highlights nicely.
- Automobile Magazine – “The steering is quick, precise, and provides better feedback than we’ve experienced in other small cars with electric steering, and just as important, doesn’t get twitchy at higher speeds.”
- Left Lane News – “Despite the Spark’s humble mission and petite dimensions – it’s fourteen inches shorter than the Chevrolet Sonic subcompact – the hatchback boasts more in the way of feature content and space than one might expect.”
- Edmunds – “The available MyLink touchscreen infotainment system adds to the Spark’s modern vibe with sharp graphics and intuitive menus.”
- Kelley Blue Book – “At first glance you probably wouldn’t believe the Spark microcar has over 31 cubic feet of cargo room, but thanks to its taller profile and 60/40-split flip and folding rear seats, Chevy’s tiny hatchback can hold a surprising amount in its rear compartment.”
Test Drive a 2015 Chevy Spark EV at Your Local Troy and Schenectady Dealer
The 2015 Chevy Spark EV is the perfect answer for Troy and Schenectady drivers looking for an eco-friendly car that won’t break the bank. To test drive one today, contact us at (518) 278-6036, or visit our showroom at 785 Central Avenue in Albany, NY.