Trims and Pricing
The new Silverado 2500HD includes a range of vehicles from basic models to the luxurious High Country edition suitable for long-haul towing adventures. If you’re shopping the 2500 HD models you’ll be able to choose from these four trim levels:
- The Silverado 2500HD WT starts at $37,960 MSRP.
- The Silverado 2500HD LT starts from $42,390 MSRP.
- The Silverado 2500HD LTZ starts at $47,870 MSRP.
- The Silverado 2500HD High Country starts at $53,725 MSRP.
The Silverado 2500HD can be had in a wide variety of body styles and bed lengths. This year you’ll have to choose between 6.5-foot and 8-foot bed lengths. There are three different cabin configurations for the new model year, as well:
- Regular Cab (only available with long bed)
- Double Cab
- Crew Cab
In all models it’s exceptionally easy to access cargo in the truck bed via an EZ Lift and Lower tailgate and convenient bumper corner steps.
Performance and Powertrain
The new Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is the entry point into the Chevy heavy-duty lineup. That means these models are loaded with extremely powerful engines to handle even the heaviest loads and the toughest jobs. This is what you’ll find under the hood:
- The 2500HD gets a 6.0L V8 engine that makes 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque paired with a six-speed transmission.
- The base 6.0L V8 can be equipped with a bi-fuel option to run on either regular gasoline or compressed natural gas.
- A 6.6L turbocharged diesel V8 is also available with 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque, and a heavy-duty six-speed automatic transmission.
Every model is equipped with rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive is always an option. The Silverado 2500HD is able to tow up to 17,900 pounds using a fifth-wheel hitch, and it can haul up to 3,760 pounds in the truck bed.
Interior Design and Features
The 2015 Silverado 2500HD has the equipment and features you need to get any job done right, and even the WT (Work Truck) trim comes with up-to-date technology to keep you connected and comfortable on the job. Take a look at standard features in all models:
- 40/20/40-split front bend seat
- Power locks & an adjustable steering wheel
- USB/iPod integration
- 4.2-inch color display
- Cruise control
- Cloth or vinyl upholstery
- Rugged rubber floor covering
Some upscale options available include bigger wheels, bed storage options, tonneau covers, a Bose audio system, the MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touchscreen, auto-dimming mirrors, leather upholstery, remote ignition, and much more.
Advanced Safety Features
The 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD can also come with some smart, advanced safety systems to protect your passengers and everyone else on the road. All models come with features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, as well as stability and traction control. Some other options available on the Silverado include:
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rearview camera
- Front and rear parking assistance
- Lane departure alert
- Forward collision alert
- Safety alert seat
Many models also come with the OnStar telematics system that will automatically alert emergency services in the event of an accident.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Reviews
If you’re still not convinced about the the superiority of the 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, take a look at what the critics are saying about this work truck:
- Kelley Blue Book: “Just off a head-to-toe revamp last year, the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado is a competent competitor in the fierce full-size truck segment. Available with a trio of engine choices and a variety of configurations and trims that range from a basic work truck to a leather-embellished upscale hauler, the Silverado can suit a variety of needs and tastes.”
- Car and Driver: “In a changing large-truck market, the Silverado has evolved like a rock; it’s a geological commodity meticulously polished by time. In focusing on the fundamentals, Chevrolet passed on the latest trends but delivered a pragmatic truck that gets the core attributes right.”
- AutoTrader: “In other words, the latest Silverado makes an excellent case for itself as one of today’s top pickup trucks.”
Visit DePaula Chevrolet To Test Drive the Silverado
You can find the latest Silverado 2500HD at DePaula Chevrolet showroom located at 785 Central Ave. in Albany. You can also contact us online or give us a call at 518-278-6036. We’re the Troy, Schenectady, and Albany area Chevy dealer that local drivers rely on.