Trims and Pricing
With six 2015 Chevy Malibu trims to choose from, our Troy and Schenectady drivers should have no trouble finding a version of this mid-size sedan that fits their needs. With even the basic LS trim coming standard with OnStar 4G LTE WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, the Malibu is well ahead of its competition. It’s easily affordable too.
- 2015 Malibu LS: $22,465
- 2015 Malibu 1LT: $23,735
- 2015 Malibu 2LT: $25,595
- 2015 Malibu 3LT: $27,130
- 2015 Malibu 1LTZ: $28,320
- 2015 Malibu 2LTZ: $30,480
If you set an older model side-by-side with the 2015 Chevy Malibu, the exterior design changes might surprise you. The new Malibu has a bolder look up front thanks to a two-tier grille that can be outfitted with chrome accents for extra flair. The taillight design is reminiscent of recent model Corvettes, a resemblance that other drivers will only pick up as you quickly cruise by. Still, part of the success of the mid-size sedan comes in conservative looks, and the Malibu has no trouble walking the line between a unique look and a respectable design.
Performance and Fuel Economy
Each 2015 Chevy Malibu has front-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission, but if you’re looking for a bit more power than the standard engine, Chevrolet has two different powertrains available:
- The 2.5L four-cylinder engine that comes with the Malibu LS, 1LT, 2LT, and 2LTZ models is rated at 196 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque while earning an EPA-estimated 36 highway mpg, thanks to its stop-start system that conserves fuel instead of idling.
- The available 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine can come with the Malibu 3LT and 2LTZ, and it kicks out 259 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. Despite its power, this robust engine still manages 30 highway mpg.
Interior Design and Features
Where other automakers would compromise on style or quality on the interior to try to make a few bucks, Chevrolet gives you an upscale cabin with graceful curves and metallic accents. Available with luxury features like leather upholstery, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and heated front seats, you’ll have no trouble getting comfortable in the new Malibu. The standard and available technology features ensure you’ll be able to stay connected on the go, as well.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi: As part of the Malibu’s standard OnStar telematics, you can have the hottest mobile hotspot on the road. Connect up to 7 devices to your in-vehicle Wi-Fi and receive a stronger Internet signal than from your smartphone.
- Chevy MyLink: The available Chevy MyLink infotainment system features a 7-inch touchscreen interface and can be outfitted with navigation, too. Make phone calls, choose music, select radio stations, and more with just a few taps on the MyLink screen.
- Bluetooth: Standard on every Malibu, Bluetooth lets you sync up your compatible smartphone or other device and make handsfree phone calls or stream music without wires.
- Dual-Zone Climate Control: The Malibu’s available dual-zone climate control lets you set the cabin temperature to keep everyone comfortable.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2015 Chevy Malibu safety technologies have helped it earn some of the best safety scores in its class. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded it a Top Safety Pick status for receiving top scores in all five of its safety tests – including the new Small Overlap Front test – and the NHTSA gave the Malibu a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating.
In addition to standard items like 10 airbags and three-point seat belts, the Malibu can be equipped with advanced accident prevention technology, including:
- Rearview Camera: When you shift into reverse, the available rearview camera kicks in and displays an unobstructed look at what’s behind your Malibu before backing up.
- Forward Collision Alert: By using radar and camera technology, this available safety feature can let you know if it detects that you are moving too fast and are likely to hit a car or object.
- Lane Departure Warning: This available warning system detects when you are starting to drift from your lane and will give you both audio and visual warnings to bring your attention back to driving.
- Blind-Spot Monitoring: While you should always manually check your blind spot, this safety feature uses a radar system to sense when another vehicle is in your blind spot and will alert you of it.
2015 Chevy Malibu Reviews
We think 2015 Chevy Malibu reviews from top auto critics will help show you just how versatile and appealing this new sedan is.
- Kelley Blue Book: “If you want solid family transportation with the unfettered entertainment options that only come from the Internet, the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu may be the answer to your midsize sedan prayers.”
- Cars.com: “Around town, the 2.5-liter engine proves to be more than adequate to motivate the new Malibu with ease, with the new six-speed transmission proving to be a willing and well-matched partner. Acceleration is brisk, and there’s more than enough passing power.”
- Left Lane News: “Soft-touch materials abound throughout the cabin, and available Ice Blue ambient lighting adds a unique touch.”
- Edmunds: “The Malibu gets the job done, but it tends to get lost in the shuffle versus its higher-profile rivals. That’s a shame, because when you get right down to it, the Malibu is a pretty nice car with few apparent weaknesses.”
Test Drive a 2015 Chevy Malibu Near Troy and Schenectady
Let us show you why the 2015 Chevy Malibu is one of the most popular sedans for Troy and Schenectady drivers; come visit DePaula Chevrolet today for a test drive. You can find us at 785 Central Ave. in Albany. Contact us online or by phone at 518-278-6036 to schedule your test drive in the new Malibu.