Chevrolet has one of the most comprehensive and award-winning lineups of new 2017 cars than any other brand on the market. With great options ranging in price, performance, and efficiency – there is truly something for everyone when it comes to finding great new Chevy cars. From the newest addition to the bowtie brand lineup, the 2017 Bolt, to the Impala, which is one of the longest running car nameplates in the brand’s history – Chevrolet’s 2017 new car roster is as extensive as it is exciting.
Perhaps the best part of the latest Chevy car lineup, is that it is available at one of the most reputable, well reviewed dealerships in upstate New York – DePaula Chevrolet. Proud to call Albany, NY our hometown, DePaula Chevrolet is committed not only to the community in which we operate, but also to the people who trust us with their important new car purchases. Let’s take a look at the different Chevy cars you will find, when you visit us here at DePaula Chevrolet.
2017 Chevy Car Lineup
The Chevrolet car lineup is segmented into two main categories: Standard and Electric. Let’s take a peek into every one of these capable categories, and explore the models that comprise each of them.
Standard Chevrolet Cars
Calling this roster of cars “Standard” seems unfair. While they technically fall into the everyday use category, there is nothing standard about the five cars that make up this list of capable and affordable Chevrolet cars. Without further ado, we give you – the 2017 Chevy car lineup:
- Spark: The 2017 Chevrolet Spark is the city car that you have been waiting to find. With a starting MSRP of just $13,000, the Spark is the least expensive model in the 2017 Chevy lineup. This self-proclaimed “fun size” car has seating for up to four passengers, impressive available features, and an array of color options to make the interior and exterior exclusively your very own. With the back row of seats folded down, the sporty hatchback can hold up to 27.2 cubic-feet of cargo, an impressive number for just a compact car. J.D. Power named the 2017 Spark the “Highest Ranked City Car in Initial Quality,” which means that you can buy this fun size car with confidence in your purchase decision.
- Sonic: The 2017 Chevy Sonic features a starting MSRP of just $15,145 – which is still exceptionally affordable for all that it has to offer. While the Spark only comes as a hatchback, the Sonic is available in either a sedan or hatchback body. There is seating for five passengers, and a maximum cargo capacity of 47.7 cubic-feet. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto both come standard, and the Sonic happens to be one of the safest cars in its class. Earning itself a five-star safety rating from the NHTSA, the Sonic may be small, but it is mighty in every other way. Able to get up to 38 miles per gallon on the highway, the 2017 Sonic is a true money saver in every way imaginable.
- Cruze: Next up is the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze. This compact car starts under $17,000, and manages to beat out the Sonic in terms of estimated fuel economy, with an EPA rating of 40 miles per gallon on the highway. Its standard turbocharged engine is anything but lackluster in the performance department, and is able to deliver a horsepower rating of 153 – the perfect amount of get-up-and-go for your daily commute, weekend excursion, or your weekly trip to the grocery store. Regardless of how you choose to utilize the maximum 47.2 cubic-feet of cargo space – the possibilities are seemingly endless on the new 2017 Cruze model. Speaking of endless possibilities, this year’s Cruze is not only available as a sedan, but also as a hatchback. For those who prefer the convenience and sportiness of a hatch, Chevrolet delivers on all fronts with the 2017 Cruze.
- Malibu: The Malibu has been around since the 1960s, and has transformed greatly over the past several decades. Today’s version of the four-door sedan is sleek, stylish, and efficient. Starting at $21,680, the 2017 Chevy Malibu can deliver up to 36 miles per gallon on the highway, offers on-the-go 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity, and so much more. The exterior of this year’s Malibu boasts LED daytime running lamps, aerodynamic sculpting, and sleek lines that give it an air of sophistication you don’t find anywhere else. It may not be classified as a luxury car, but it certainly feels as though it should be. For those who value even more savings at the pump, the newly available Malibu Hybrid model delivers 49 miles per gallon in the city, thanks to a 1.8-liter turbocharged engine that is paired to an advanced hybrid battery pack. No matter what you need out of your mid-size sedan, the Malibu can deliver it.
- Impala: The first Chevy Impala debuted for the 1958 model year, and has remained one of the longest-running nameplates in the brand’s iconic and storied history. Today, the 2017 Impala starts at $27,300, and has plenty of incredible features to keep even the most discerning of palettes, satisfied. Boasting an athletic exterior and a luxurious interior, the Impala is as sophisticated as ever for the 2017 model year. Able to seat up to five adults in total comfort, the 2017 Impala is everything you want out of a full-size sedan, and nothing you don’t. This model is not only capable and well equipped, it is also safe. Having received the highest safety score from the NHTSA, ths 2017 Chevy Impala inspires ultimate confidence and peace of mind from behind its stylish steering wheel.
Electric Chevy Cars
- Volt: The 2017 Chevrolet Volt is an electric-hybrid sedan that can travel up to 53 miles on a single charge, and up to 420 miles on a full charge and a full tank of gas. The latest Volt model is expected to deliver owners up to 1,000 miles between fill-ups, with regular charging. Teeming with some of the most advanced electric car systems, the 2017 Volt includes a Power Flow screen that allows drivers to track habits from behind the wheel, and maximize efficiency. An innovative steering wheel mounted paddle allows drivers to more easily navigate their electric-hybrid Volt, which comes with a 120-volt portable power cord standard. Earning a Top Safety Pick+ from the IIHS, the 2017 Volt is as safe as it is efficient.
- Bolt EV: With the success of the Chevy Volt, came the introduction of Chevrolet’s latest model – the 2017 Bolt EV. The new Bolt will end up costing owners just under $30,000 after government tax incentives, making it the most affordably priced electric vehicle on the market. Adding to its allure is an EPA-estimated range of 238 miles. This range rating also means that the 2017 Bolt is the longest-range affordable electric car available in the United States. Earning the title of North American Car of the Year, as well as 2017 Car of the Year by Motor Trend Magazine, the 2017 Bolt is off to a fantastic start. This newest addition to the bowtie brand lineup won’t be here in New York for a few more months, but be sure to check back often for updates regarding its upcoming availability. This is one car you won’t want to miss.
Check Them Out at DePaula Chevrolet
Now that you have the rundown on all that Chevrolet has to offer as far as new cars in 2017, you can come down to DePaula Chevrolet, here in Albany, and take each one for a test drive. Whether your budget is set below $15,000, or upwards of $40,000 – there is a capable Chevy brand car that is waiting for you to take home. Don’t miss out on this exciting year for Chevrolet, and come visit us at DePaula, today.