5 Best Used Family Cars to Buy for the New Year
In the not too distant past, Kelley Blue Book was a name that came to mind when you needed a fair market quote on your used car. Today, Kelley Blue Book is a vehicle research company that provides valuations of automobiles. It is widely recognized in the United States as one of the foremost experts on the subject of vehicles and their value. Prior to the internet, Kelley Blue Book was a printed document that helped consumers determine the value of their car, and was first published back in 1926. After decades of experience, KBB now creates lists, hands out awards, and is generally recognized in the automotive industry as a vital resource when it comes time to buy or sell your car. For that reason, we turn to KBB when looking for the best used cars in Albany to buy, specifically their list of the best used family cars under $15,000.
Most Affordable Used Family Cars
In today’s automotive marketplace, finding a used vehicle that is both reliable and cost effective, is easier than ever. The current market trend is to drive a vehicle for a shorter period of time, which in turn, makes for an excellent used car. Every year, Kelley Blue Book releases a list of the top used cars under $15,000, and we have that list for you right here. Every used car on the list has to have a price tag under $15,000 used, and must be a 2010 model year or newer. To qualify for the “family car” designation, they must have a stellar reputation, exceptional safety scores, and excel at family friendliness.
Check out the top five used cars to buy this year, all for under $15,000.
- 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander: This midsize SUV has three rows of seating, and ample room for passengers and their gear. Offering 28 miles per gallon on the highway, the Outlander will save families plenty of money at the pump. Buying a 2012 model, will also help ensure that you still are able to take advantage of the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty.
- 2012 Nissan Altima: This practical midsize sedan offers sporty handling, and a great list of standard features on all trim levels. The 32 MPG highway rating will help save money, and the 175 horsepower engine does not sacrifice in the performance arena.
- 2010 Toyota Sienna: The quintessential family car, Toyota’s minivan delivers quality and affordability. With exceptional safety scores, and room for up to eight passengers, this comfortable family car delivers in many different ways.
- 2012 Hyundai Sonata: This sedan offers the comfort and practicality that families need, and plenty of style to match. With up to 35 miles per gallon on the highway, the 2012 Sonata will have you stopping less, and driving more. This model is also expected to still have its 5-year / 60,000 mile warranty in effect, which makes it even more valuable as a used purchase.
- 2010 Honda Odyssey: In a list of great used family cars, it would be a shame to not include at least one other minivan. The Honda Odyssey is known for it’s ability to perform very well in this segment, and is a favorite among families across the United States. The Odyssey seats up to eight passengers, and can hold up to 150 cubic feet of cargo behind the front seats. Drivers can expect up to 23 MPG on the highway in the Odyssey, with a powerful 244 horsepower V6 engine.
Purchasing a used car is a great way to save money, and get more amenities than you would otherwise be able to afford. Finding a high quality, pre-owned family car is easy with the right dealership. DePaula Used Chevrolet is your number one resource for finding the perfect used car for you and your family. Be sure to stop by today, and check out our extensive inventory in person.